at last im more or less done

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Rockerbri

at last im more or less done

Post by Rockerbri »

been a few years doing the bike this is how i got it and the other photos are how it is now done, well got to get the mot next then the log book but great to get a other matchless back on the road time to get the next one out and start on that...

]how we first got her (2).jpg[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MATCHLESS G12 CSR...MATCHLESS 250 CSR...AJS MODEL 20 ...BSA A65 LIGHTNING...HARLEY DAVIDSON ROADKING & SPORTSTER...
Rockerbri

Re: at last im more or less done

Post by Rockerbri »

P1010664 (3).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MATCHLESS G12 CSR...MATCHLESS 250 CSR...AJS MODEL 20 ...BSA A65 LIGHTNING...HARLEY DAVIDSON ROADKING & SPORTSTER...
Rockerbri

Post by Rockerbri »

sure has been fun ...time for the next one....still trying to sort out some rear shocks but are have to run with what ive got till i find some...

P1010668 (3).jpg
spitfire

Post by spitfire »

very nice bike,just one thing if I may point out is that your front brake operating lever is upside down. It will work much better the right way up.
SideValve

Post by SideValve »

Lovely job of the paint, not sure about the number plate being so high, but great exhaust and bars.
Whats it go like?
Peter W
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Looking good!! What exhaust did you use?
1989 Moto Morini Dart 350
1993 Ducati 750SS
Andy51

Post by Andy51 »

Very nice! Andy
Rockerbri

Post by Rockerbri »

thanks for the comments mates....yes the front brake lever is spitfire....had to make one up out of bits and bobs while i make one to replace its on now and working great... yes i moved the Number plate down now sidvalve it was a kicker hahaha...paint i do myself like the rest always do my own work when i can and yes for what she is she goes real well im not a light weight and she pulle me fine so was real pleased with that...hi clanger9 i used a slash back exhaust for the bike and a nice sporty short meg sounds good as well...ta andy51...when you think what i started with the guy had got it from an auction in a job lot so he told me was going to just junk it with a load of other bits...yikes i could not see that happen so paid him and took it home, there not easy to get the bits for been after bits for 2 and a bit years now my mrs said its the only bike she has seen come in via the letter box hahaha hard to get parts for a when you do get the parts there rubbish and needs lots pof work to get the usable . funny when we was young guys you never had probs getting parts who would think you could not get parts for a brit bike haha well times sure change any way off to get the mot now...and next one is out my other garage and the hunt starts for bits agin ...keeps me busy hahaha
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Yep, it's quite a challenge getting a Lightweight back on the road! Well done for persevering.
Mine started off in a much better state than yours, but it still feels like most of it arrived through the letterbox...

Definitely worth the effort though. It's a lovely thing to ride, very sweet handling (though you do need to keep that little engine busy :twisted: )
1989 Moto Morini Dart 350
1993 Ducati 750SS
Rockerbri

Post by Rockerbri »

thanks clanger9....i think its worth the effort as well buddy...mot booked for wed, ive ordered the forms v55/5 form still waiting for that to turn up from DVLA do miss not having the local dvla office when you use to be able to call in and get the forms..then ive got to do a new registration thing not done that befor so will see whats to be done..