at last im more or less done

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
alanengineer

Re: at last im more or less done

Post by alanengineer »

You must have to do a NOVA check even if it didnt leave the English shore. There is someone out their somewhere sitting by his desk waiting for you and claiming tons of ratepayers money for doing such an important task.

Im sure im right in something i said above, but please get a second opinion
dodger

Post by dodger »

I have just received my age related number and V5C for a bitsa G2 I made up from a pile of junk, I had no paperwork whatsoever for it but I was never aske for a Nova certificate/check from anyone.
So unless asked for it I wouldn't bother.

Laurie
Rockerbri

Post by Rockerbri »

Janet wrote:I apologise for this but I'm going to stop reading your posts. I'll probably miss some very useful and interesting information, which will be my loss, but I'm having difficulty reading them because you don't use capital letters to start sentences and a single full stop at the end. Sorry.

Opps....whats a full stop thing . ? :headbang: and i thought i was saving power not using full stops and capital letters....o i wish i was edjumacated.. :beer:
Last edited by Rockerbri on Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
MATCHLESS G12 CSR...MATCHLESS 250 CSR...AJS MODEL 20 ...BSA A65 LIGHTNING...HARLEY DAVIDSON ROADKING & SPORTSTER...
Rockerbri

Post by Rockerbri »

dodger wrote:I have just received my age related number and V5C for a bitsa G2 I made up from a pile of junk, I had no paperwork whatsoever for it but I was never aske for a Nova certificate/check from anyone.
So unless asked for it I wouldn't bother.

Laurie
I was aked to do that by DVLA when i was on the phone, then only to be told you dont have to as its only for imported vehicles.
MATCHLESS G12 CSR...MATCHLESS 250 CSR...AJS MODEL 20 ...BSA A65 LIGHTNING...HARLEY DAVIDSON ROADKING & SPORTSTER...
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

But the NoVA is supposed to give the DVLC proof that the bike has or has not been abroad. Just keep that paper chain going and stop complaining
Rockerbri

Post by Rockerbri »

Gives them ie DVLA some thing to moan about i suppose Alan. I sure understand the principle behind what you are saying and when i was on the phone talking with them i was asked to do it and when i said ive looked and its for bikes that have been overseas she said has yours ? My reply was no idea but i can tell you when the bike was dispatched from Matchless and the dealer who had it when it was new, to be told you dont have to do it its just a courtesy to HMRC. Well who am i to go against what she told me...not to bother.... :D

alanengineer wrote:But the NoVA is supposed to give the DVLC proof that the bike has or has not been abroad. Just keep that paper chain going and stop complaining
Rockerbri

Post by Rockerbri »

Thats it all done V5 in the post....well done dvla super fast job and thats one more Matchless on the road...