G2 Outing

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Ozmadman

Re: G2 Outing

Post by Ozmadman »

I just don't take mine out if it is raining or even wet (don't need to as it is used purely for pleasure). Got caught out once and it got some rain drops on it which was really annoying!! :lol: :lol:
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

There's something to be said for an unrestored oily rag bike. You just enjoy the thing with no worries. Go for a ride, get home, it looks no dirtier or cleaner, from what it was before you went out.
shifter

Post by shifter »

Still gets a rub over Janet with a proud grin,
?
Janet

Post by Janet »

Expat wrote:I reckon you enjoy splashing through the biggest muddy puddles you can find Janet. :D
I think you may be right. Even as a child I seemed to have an affinity for mud. Playing in puddles was actively encouraged by my parents as being cheap entertainment that all the family could join in. :rofl:
Rob Harknett wrote:There's something to be said for an unrestored oily rag bike. You just enjoy the thing with no worries. Go for a ride, get home, it looks no dirtier or cleaner, from what it was before you went out.
It wouldn't do if we were all the same, though. In the 18 years I commuted on a bike, I certainly wasn't going to ride home and set to washing and polishing it before cooking tea and doing housework, knowing that the next day I'd be repeating it. After I stopped working for a living, I didn't see any reason to change. The other advantage you omitted to mention was that on the occasions that I've become part of the landscape, it's difficult to find evidence from an inspection of my bike.

I admire people who can get a bike into immaculate condition and keep it that way but if I had one like that I'd never be able to go out and ride it for fear of damaging it. Of course, the upside would be that if I didn't ride it I wouldn't need to keep mending it.
shifter

Post by shifter »

I agree and i can understand as i should have said in an earlier post when I used to use a bike to get to work and back in the winter it only got cleaned at weekends. But you want to see the state of my car, it gets cleaned in and out for the M.O.T once a year and i am always covered in oil and muck
?
Janet

Post by Janet »

My car gets cleaned inside and out every time it goes to the garage for any work required on it. They even dispose of the sweetie wrappers Glyn chucks all over the floor. :D I know I'm paying for it really* but it's part of the service. Like collecting it and bringing it back if I want.

*except when it's been done on warranty.
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Such lovely day today, so I went for a 40-mile run out. Hardly any traffic and the bike was utterly charming (as usual). Plus, nothing fell off (less usual) :D

While we're posting pictures of trips out, here's mine:
IMG_0905.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by clanger9 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1989 Moto Morini Dart 350
1993 Ducati 750SS
shifter

Post by shifter »

Now that's a nice looking bike
?
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

shifter wrote:Now that's a nice looking bike
Thank you! It's not as clean as yours (and it definitely drips more...), but it kind of looks the part, doesn't it?
1989 Moto Morini Dart 350
1993 Ducati 750SS
shifter

Post by shifter »

I have a (dare) i say it an old (Honda cb250n) that i have messed around with just to make it a little different from the norm and I have put the same style of silencer on as yours bye heck its noisy. Even though i have the baffle in and packed it with stainless wire wool What sort of noise level is yours?
Last edited by shifter on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
?