Stainless

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Rob Harknett

Re: Stainless

Post by Rob Harknett »

Getting mixed up here with an older topic on nuts and bolts for lightweights, in particular files on sizes. searchable files etc. like this searchable file when sorted will show up STD parts that old parts lists and master parts list show the sizes. See red marks of std parts that should have the size show on old pt lists. To save measuring what could be a wrong part.
Ashampoo_Snap_2018.03.18_15h32m29s_002_.png
Ashampoo_Snap_2018.03.18_15h31m26s_001_.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jefftaff

Post by Jefftaff »

Really sorry for opening up a hornets nest as mentioned you only have to reply if you want and unhelpful comments don't encourage you to use the site which I have to say isn't the best one to navigate once again thanks and sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

In the light of the above, would it be possible to add another forum category to sit at the top of the list, to advise how best to use the forum?

Details of:

How to search the forum
How part numbers have evolved
How to post/size images
How to access the archives

Could be high on the priority list - I'm sure there would be plenty of other suggestions

Regards Mick
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Mark, no need to be sorry at all. We are here to help and try to answer any questions we can. If the search facility is difficult to use we need to know about it and try to improve it. Just seen some useful suggestions from Mick.
Cheers Dave.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Another option which springs to mind based on use of other forums is to have 'stickies' where the topic is pinned permanently to the top of the subject front page, does the forum software support this? Perhaps an idea could be to 'sticky' topics in the FAQ subject and pop a notice to users on the home page referencing this 'starting point' for forum enquiries.

Regards Mick
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Eamonn has described how to search in his post in 2008 which is still on the first page of the FAQ section....

http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3893

There's also a 'How to post photos' contribution from 2011 on the first FAQ page as well....

http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8894

Maybe they should both be made 'Stickies' ?

Maybe they need updating?

Maybe someone would like to do it? (I don't mean Eamonn ;) )
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Can get even more confusing, like this topic Stainless, G2/14 now changed to forum searching and other things.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Rob Harknett wrote:Can get even more confusing, like this topic Stainless, G2/14 now changed to forum searching and other things.
I beg to differ, Rob.
I feel that helping someone to search and find information for themselves, now and in the future, is very relevant to any topic, rather than relying upon the cognoscenti (who won't be around forever) to constantly type out answers.

'Give a man a fish and he has food for a day. Give a man a hook and show him how to fish.................
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'