Images wanted...PLEASE

Post by itma »

and another
www.umgweb.com/member1/bat.htm
if it don`t work google AJS 250 and select images
good-hifi

Images wanted...PLEASE

Post by good-hifi »

Hi Alan, well....yes, except the poster says it may not be original....

Cheers
Mick
good-hifi

Images wanted...PLEASE

Post by good-hifi »

I found a couple of nice images of a 1965 model 14 on eBay, even had a little bid!.

Now for pics of that all illusive 1963 version.

Thanks for the help guys.

Cheers
Mick
Janet

Images wanted...PLEASE

Post by Janet »

quote:
Hi Chris, I do have this book, I also have several others. I'm looking for some colour pics and that seems to be the problem. The only colour pic I saw was about 80 pixels wide in an eBay auction for some documents and the seller (nice guy) refused to send me a larger image even though the listing had closed 25 days previously.

Cheers

Why do you want colour pics when they were all painted black?
Janet

Images wanted...PLEASE

Post by Janet »

quote: When I can afford it I visit a Swedish lady near here who hurts me, but makes me feel much better
Those physiotherapists have a real mean streak.
itma

Images wanted...PLEASE

Post by itma »

Oh Janet, you are far too fly.....she`s an acupuncturist in fact,
Now for cash I will post names of all those who sent private mail requesting details of the ladies services and phone no.
chris kelly

Images wanted...PLEASE

Post by chris kelly »

Hi Mick, Okay..if you are happy with the pictures in the Brooklands book then I think the safest thing is to consult "Bacons book on AJS and Matchless looking at the section on Colour Changes ( I am at my daughters home at the moment so I can"t look in the book ) but like Janet said its all black except the tank of course which I think you will find the AJS 14 CSR is blue and chrome for your year . I had my blue bits on the tank( I left the chrome because I liked the worn chrome look ) plus black stove .. whatever the phrase is..on the headlamp. two side covers and engine plate..for 300 pound. A really good job..that was in England. My bike was a 1966 AJS 14 CSR..tank colour blue and chrome. I think these bikes are really good little bikes and when reading literature of the time you dont find the criticisms which have crept into some more recent publications. Information does seem hard to access on this model as you move through the years to 1966. Maybe someone could ask the Web Master to facilitate a separate database section for the model. Members could list all their books, photocopies,,etc,etc You probably noticed in the Jampot that the new chap offering telephone advice on engineering matters owns this model among others. Chris.
'My cat can beat up your cat!'
chris kelly

Images wanted...PLEASE

Post by chris kelly »

Hi All, Kens reference to the Web address underlines my feelings that you have to research from reputable books and motorcycle press reports from the period.... that web picture looks wrong to me...and I am no expert on this model....the tank is not quite right. the side panels were black and not blue , the shock absorbers are not correct, the front mudguard looks okay, light alloy but the rear one looks vallanced which is wrong..... which suggests to me that Mick is better off researching the press reports in the Brooklands book, as they pretty well span the range with good pictures current to the time and looking for colour information to the Bacon book which to my amateur view looks increditably well researched. I cant send a picture of my ex 1966 14 CSR as my IT skills are limited and my daughter is in holiday so cant help me.
'My cat can beat up your cat!'
itma

Images wanted...PLEASE

Post by itma »

I know its wrong they are all wrong, its only me thats right.................
he`s had other pics from me, secret pics, for local people
good-hifi

Images wanted...PLEASE

Post by good-hifi »

[/quote]
Why do you want colour pics when they were all painted black?
[/quote]

Because they were not all painted black....
Mick