Parts list Gear lever

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Martin.S

Parts list Gear lever

Post by Martin.S »

The parts list gives the gearchange lever number for all the lightweights as 041311 but the Clubs spares scheme lists this part numberas "Gearchange Lever AMC 1957-66 NOT L/W"
So which is wrong?
Rob Harknett

Re: Parts list Gear lever

Post by Rob Harknett »

041311 is listed for lightweight and other models, with some exceptions. I see no reference saying not LW for 041311 on the club spares list.
Ashampoo_Snap_25 January 2019_19h13m06s_001_.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clive

Post by clive »

If you click to the next level Rob it does indeed say not L/W. Does Rob Swift have any knowledge on this?
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I see what you mean Clive. Well, parts lists list the lever for lightweights, heavy weights and twins. The old club parts list books listed it as seen now, in the first instance. But as you say Clive, click on the part and it says not for lights. These errors do happen, so should be reported. I believe Rob has said, if you see or suspect an error to inform him. Not expect him to just happen to find it being discussed here.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

clive wrote:If you click to the next level Rob it does indeed say not L/W. Does Rob Swift have any knowledge on this?
he is away looking at the 2020 IJR site I am sure he will correct it ASAP.
Roy
clive

Post by clive »

I was actually responding to the initial question, "which is wrong, the club spares listing or the parts list"? Perhaps someone with lightweight experience can confirm if the AMC gear lever fits if Rob S is away.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

clive wrote:I was actually responding to the initial question, "which is wrong, the club spares listing or the parts list"? Perhaps someone with lightweight experience can confirm if the AMC gear lever fits if Rob S is away.
As far as I know Clive, the part no 041311 listed in many parts lists for Lightweight and other models are correct. The clubs spares list was correct since the days it was only in paper format. It listed pt. no. 041311 with the correct AMC description. Never with the note Not for Lightweight, until what has now been discovered. That note just needs to be removed. Otherwise it would mean all lightweight parts lists and our club listings in the past were wrong. You must however refer to the parts list for your bike, as 041311 was not used on all models.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

clive wrote:I was actually responding to the initial question, "which is wrong, the club spares listing or the parts list"? Perhaps someone with lightweight experience can confirm if the AMC gear lever fits if Rob S is away.
The answer all the way from Slovenia is yes it will fit Lightweights and Rob will remove the incorrect wording when he gets home.
Roy