G2 1961 new purchase

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Richard Hyatt

G2 1961 new purchase

Post by Richard Hyatt »

hi all,

just purchased a(what I believe to be) 1961 G2. Engine No 61/G2 10529 and Frame No 15174.

just making lists of what I need for it - but I know I need a kickstart lever and off side footrest and the cover that goes over the gearbox adjusters for sure. Any suggestions please for these parts would be welcome.

going to convert to 12volts , so will have the various 6 volt parts for sale eventually if anyone needs them.

look forward to speaking(metaphorically) to lots of knowledgeable people on this forum. Thank you in advance.

Richard
clive

Re: G2 1961 new purchase

Post by clive »

Hi Richard welcome to the forum and I hope you find what you are needing. Just a word about our forum rules. You are welcome to advertise for wanted parts or to make parts available to others but not in our general forum pages. Please use the adverts section free for full members £5 for others.
Regards Clive Adverts Editor
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

And just to add... you have limited access time on the forum as a guest so it would be advantageous to join the club as a full member. A digital membership (12 digital mags a year) plus full access to the forum is only £22 a year.
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
shifter

Post by shifter »

Hello & welcome Richard as prior posts have said join the club, as the benefits of joining are truly beneficial in terms of the help and advice/spares/ and so on especially when starting a new project.

shifter
?
Richard Hyatt

Post by Richard Hyatt »

hi all,
thank you - I've now joined No 27883

so look forward to trawling and finding the bits needed

we'll be dating the machine etc so be in contact ref DVLA etc

Richard
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Richard Hyatt wrote: just making lists of what I need for it - but I know I need a kickstart lever ...........
Welcome Richard.
There was a recent thread on this forum ref the k/start which may be of interest, if you haven't already seen it. I understand that they not only differ model to model but are also very scarce. Have a look here:

http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24245
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'