G2 seat

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Ernie green

G2 seat

Post by Ernie green »

Hello to all I have a 1959 matchless g 2 with the later seat with the gap between the tank it was on when I bought the bike I am going to get the early seat from the club but was wondering if anyone had one to swap,I know it's a long shot but got to ask.many thanks.ernie g ps love the club and info I would be lost without it.thanks again.
ajscomboman

Re: G2 seat

Post by ajscomboman »

The club only stock the later type seat Ernie, the demand for the very early type is so small that it wasn't and isn't economical to have them reproduced.
Ernie green

Post by Ernie green »

Okay thanks looks like I will have to put up with the one I have it's a shame because everything else seems to be original the seat is in excellent condition ,doubt if there will ever be a secondhand one but I will keep looking many thanks for your info ,Ernie g
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

I have got an early type seat pan I've no use for from a 59. It would need some minor repair to the front mounting ( previous owner bent it to try and fit it to a later model . Its now straight but mounting has been cut down where the bolt holes were needs minor welding ) but is otherwise very sound . PM me if interested and will send some pics . Cheers . Paul.
Ernie green

Post by Ernie green »

Great Paul thanks I have a contact for welding ,can you still buy the covers ,if you can I will happily buy it off you .cheers ernie g
Ernie green

Post by Ernie green »

I see you are in west yourkshire Paul ,God's country to me,I would happily call ,when I am in the area.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

For the best seat covers around use RK Leighton, Andrew will supply only or cover your base for you.
Ernie green

Post by Ernie green »

Yes thanks I will give them a ring thanks for the info cheers ernie g
Ernie green

Post by Ernie green »

Hello again paul if it's possible I could send money for the post and the seat pan if it's okay with you.i think it's the best and only way foreward for me,many thanks ernie,
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

Hi Ernie ,sent you a email with some pics etc . Let me know if dosn't arrive .Cheers . Paul.