Model 14 fork yoke fitting advice

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
themadmarchhare

Model 14 fork yoke fitting advice

Post by themadmarchhare »

Hi all,

I am currently trying to build a bike from box of bits. Frame headstock is bare tube and looks like I need frame races top and bottom (042610 and 042611) to suit teledraulic fork head races. Cannot find these anywhere. Has anyone found a source for these or a smart workaround using other bikes parts that are available?

Thanks
themadmarchhare

Re: Model 14 fork yoke fitting advice

Post by themadmarchhare »

Hi all,

New here and to non Japanese bikes so this is proving a lot more challenging than normal.
Looked at option of making frame races from scratch but decided in the end to modify a set of Enfield ones that are v.cheap.
No fitted it all together yet as forks need rebuilding but on paper it should work.

If anyone else finds same problem I am happy to share info.
Dan1612

Post by Dan1612 »

Hi

I've just got a 14 to restore / do something with and am keen to change the front end - the bike has the standard forks which by all accounts are not up to much. How did you get on? What did you use in the end?
garyg2mad

Post by garyg2mad »

Hi There the headraces kit you require is stocked by the club , Part no 042610k , Look in the Lightweight frame section , This is the CS CSR and 350 lightweight type with 1/1/8 th teledrualic forks , Not the Francis Barnet James type forks
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Dan. The post to which you replied is a year old from a non-member and I think you were asking about using the later forks rather than the races for your current forks.
I'm certainly not being officious but it might be helpful for you to know that Club spares are only available to club members. The Club, this website and the Spares scheme are all funded by members' subscriptions. You're showing as a Guest so you have only a limited time for posting requests for help on this website.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'