CSR Rear Mudguards

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Martin.S

CSR Rear Mudguards

Post by Martin.S »

This is just out of interest as I'm looking through the parts list and I can see that the 1962-4 CSR had a chrome rear mudguard - part No 042051
But the 1965 CSR's had chrome rear mudguards of different numbers - depending whether AJS or Matchless - Part No's 043678 & 043677
What did they change for 1965?
Of course 1966 bikes had the alloy mudguards.
Rob Harknett

Re: CSR Rear Mudguards

Post by Rob Harknett »

http://archives.jampot.dk/book/Spares_l ... o_1966.pdf
Here's a master parts list for lightweights. I still ask has anyone a complete copy of this parts list, which has only 11 pages. About the same number missing.
The mudguard page is there, but not handle bars. Starting with the 1960 parts list in the archives, you will there after only find supplement lists of parts that differ. So check these to see what parts differed yearly. Also check sales cat " specifications " The info is there for you to see. Not too many will have the time to check for you. So you may only get a reply if some actually knows the answer with out checking parts lists etc. for you.
Rangy65

Post by Rangy65 »

Hi Martin the final 250 CSR's had Alloy guards hence the difference in tail lamps.

Cheers
Steve
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

Now that I have an original rear alloy mudguard (thanks Rob) and its bracket loop - can anyone tell me how the loop fits to the frame? They don't fit very well ( I have two of them) and I can't see that there are spacers listed.
Rear Stay.jpg
Cheers
Martin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

Postby Rob Harknett » Thu May 23, 2019 10:42 pm

http://archives.jampot.dk/book/Spares_l ... o_1966.pdf
Here's a master parts list for lightweights. I still ask has anyone a complete copy of this parts list, which has only 11 pages. About the same number missing.
The mudguard page is there, but not handle bars. Starting with the 1960 parts list in the archives, you will there after only find supplement lists of parts that differ. So check these to see what parts differed yearly. Also check sales cat " specifications " The info is there for you to see. Not too many will have the time to check for you. So you may only get a reply if some actually knows the answer with out checking parts lists etc. for you.
Of course I looked at the spares list - where did you think I got the quoted part numbers - it would help if one read the question and understood it before replying but thanks anyway.

Now back to my rear mudguard stay