Frame Steering Races

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
ajscomboman

Re: Frame Steering Races

Post by ajscomboman »

Rob Harknett wrote:
Martin.S wrote:Dust cover - ah so it is.
Yes was quoting G5/CSR.
Cheers
But posted in the G2 / 14 section. Martin, so I was wondering if you were looking for wrong parts info. Which is why I asked about model etc. I gave the correct info for the topic heading. There is a separate G5 / 8 section. One reason why model and year should be stated, to get correct info you seek. I gave what I believed was correct for G2 / 14. I do have 350 / CS lightweight literature. So if you state year model I may have some literature you do not have. Also service literature for those models. I do have a lot of light weight literature, much more than is presently archived digitally.
Posted in the G2 section because that's what he has Rob, a G2 CSR!
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I must have missed where it was stated the bike was a G2CSR. Had I seen the bike in question was a G2 CSR I could had showed a picture of the actual parts on my CSR lightweights.
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

I must admit I do post in the G2/M14 section if I'm sure the parts are the same as the G5 I'm building as I tend to think that the 250 section might have a bigger audience.
Cheers
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

It led to confusion Martin, First I am told I'm wrong my postings useless, then I'm told you have a G2CSR as that's why you posted in the G2/14 section. However at last we discover the model you have is G5 still not which year. Actually I believe the part numbers you quoted fit all models EXCEPT the G2 / 14
SDC15283.JPG
SDC15282.JPG
Ashampoo_Snap_03 June 2019_09h39m50s_002_.jpg
If you do not have it, here's the parts list showing which race fits which model. Also pic's of races fitted top and bottom of my 66 G2CSR which should be the same as G5
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

Thanks for the photo's - I had the part Nos but didn't know which one was which
Cheers