Frame Steering Races

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Martin.S

Frame Steering Races

Post by Martin.S »

Of the two races that fit into the frame - which one is the top one and which one is the bottom - part numbers are 042610 &11 but the parts aren't marked with their numbers. One is shaped with a large chamfer and the other is rounded in shape.
Cheers
Rob Harknett

Re: Frame Steering Races

Post by Rob Harknett »

What model bike? see description in the parts list it should say top or bottom.
Ashampoo_Snap_01 June 2019_12h28m12s_001_.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Rob Harknett wrote:What model bike? see description in the parts list it should say top or bottom.
About as much use as a chocolate fire guard that reply is Rob. While the parts book may say top or bottom if the 2 parts are a different shape and there is no picture (which is exactly what Martin is saying) the book is useless! Now for a more helpful reply, rounded on the bottom and chamfered on the top.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

ajscomboman wrote:
Rob Harknett wrote:What model bike? see description in the parts list it should say top or bottom.
About as much use as a chocolate fire guard that reply is Rob. While the parts book may say top or bottom if the 2 parts are a different shape and there is no picture (which is exactly what Martin is saying) the book is useless! Now for a more helpful reply, rounded on the bottom and chamfered on the top.
Ashampoo_Snap_02 June 2019_00h00m08s_001_.jpg
Only have to turn the page for a picture Rob. No pt. no. but you can see which is top & bottom from the picture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Ashampoo_Snap_02 June 2019_00h25m42s_002_.jpg
Manual has pt no's
clive

Post by clive »

That would have been the more helpful page to have shampooed then Rob.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

Looking at that picture the part Nos are different than I quoted and the chamfered one is at the bottom and as AJSCOMBOMAN said that one goes to the top and after taking his advise I found he was correct!!
Thank you
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Isn't the chamfered one at the bottom a dust cover ;) - so both correct. I was wondering about the part number difference, the ones in the illustration are for the G2, were you quoting the G5 part numbers?

Regards Mick
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

Dust cover - ah so it is.
Yes was quoting G5/CSR.
Cheers
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Martin.S wrote:Dust cover - ah so it is.
Yes was quoting G5/CSR.
Cheers
But posted in the G2 / 14 section. Martin, so I was wondering if you were looking for wrong parts info. Which is why I asked about model etc. I gave the correct info for the topic heading. There is a separate G5 / 8 section. One reason why model and year should be stated, to get correct info you seek. I gave what I believed was correct for G2 / 14. I do have 350 / CS lightweight literature. So if you state year model I may have some literature you do not have. Also service literature for those models. I do have a lot of light weight literature, much more than is presently archived digitally.