Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
residentalien

Post by residentalien »

Last edited by residentalien on Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cbranni

Re: Thread size

Post by cbranni »

I'm guessing what tank you have so I'll guess 3BA.

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Thats 000152 5/16" long 3BA bronze head stated in parts list. Length must also be correct. ( old pt no STD 152 ) I have told how to find these sizes so many times. But still getting asked here.
residentalien

Post by residentalien »

Last edited by residentalien on Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

residentalien wrote:Sorry Rob , all new to me , still feeling my way about , tank come on the bike , looks like it belongs on it , but not found one the same , it has 2 metal like fingers about 6 inches apart , sticking out from the tank , posting pictures is not easy on this forum , guess that's why there is so few !!
Perhaps you are failing to get pictures to upload as they are too large. There is a file size limit. I think its about 500kb you may be trying to upload a picture of something like 3mb, so you need to down size the file size.
Many standard fittings had sizes stated in old parts lists. This practice seemed to stop about 1952. So you need to check an old parts list. However the best list to check is a master parts list which show old ( pre 1952 ) and new part numbers. This list is also in numerical order, so easier to check a part number. Here's a link to the best master parts list to use. http://archives.jampot.dk/book/Spares_l ... ements.pdf
If you check your tank badge screw part number in this list you will find the sizes I gave you.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Rob Harknett wrote: Perhaps you are failing to get pictures to upload as they are too large. There is a file size limit. I think its about 500kb you may be trying to upload a picture of something like 3mb, so you need to down size the file size.
Max size 1mb.
Resize photos to 640 x 480

What are you using.......Windows.....iPhone.....Tablet, or are your photos on a hosting site..........Photobucket......Tinypics......Postimage........?

There is info on the FAQ's section, although I use an easier way from my Windows laptop which takes 20 secs to do but laborious to explain (although I will do so if necessary):
http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8894
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
residentalien

Post by residentalien »