Petrol Tank colours

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Woodland

Petrol Tank colours

Post by Woodland »

Hi, can anyone help, I intend to get the petrol tank repainted on my 1961 Matchless G2, but feel pretty sure that the white panels I currently have should not be there. Also should I have some silver (or gold) lining. Can anyone send me an example / pictures of what is correct?
Also how do I add a picture / image to show what I currently have ?
g80csp11

Re: Petrol Tank colours

Post by g80csp11 »

SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Woodland wrote: Also how do I add a picture / image to show what I currently have ?
You can post a picture in several ways, a couple of which is either within the text of your Forum message or send it to appear in the 'Photos' section. Either way you need to be logged in.
You can find instructions either in the FAQ's section on the main index
http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8894

Or to post in the 'Photos' section (i.e. not within your Forum message) click on 'Photos' top right of this page, then follow 'Submit photo' and the subsequent instructions in the drop-down menu/options. The photo will not appear immediately as it needs be moderated first.
Where is your image stored? On a hosting site (Photobucket, TinyPics, Postimage etc....?) or on your own device?

To post an image within your Forum message......

I have my photos on my laptop.
To post an image within the text I'm writing in my Forum message I click on 'Upload attachment' situated below left of the message box, then on 'Browse' which takes me to my laptop.
Then I go to my photos and double click on my selected photo. Then click on 'Add the file'.
Click with your curser where you want the photo to appear in your message draft and then click 'Place inline'. The photo's code, not the actual photo will appear in your message draft.
Click on 'Preview' to view your message draft with the actual photo.
To post all on the Forum, press 'Submit'.

Your photo must be less than 1mb. Resize if necessary. In order that all the photo appears (not just a part of it) I resize photo dims to max 640 pixels.

The written instructions seem to be a bit daunting at first reading but once you have found the way through it takes less than 20 secs to post a photo, even if it has to be resized.
Listen, Gary.jpg
;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Woodland

Post by Woodland »

Many thanks Guys, the leaflet supplied is good and shows exactly what I thought the tank colours should look like.
I also now know how to add an attachment :)