Matchless G2 restoration

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Morbec1

Matchless G2 restoration

Post by Morbec1 »

On refitting the front forks to my 1958/59 Matchless G2 L/W I find the spacer for the head stem is missing can anyone help with dimensions of this spacer I would like to thank all the members with their help regarding the restoration and fitting of the main stand.
cbranni

Re: Matchless G2 restoration

Post by cbranni »

If some kind L/W owner could measure it that would be great but if not................I would imagine the inside diameter of the spacer will be the diameter of the head stem below the threaded part, the outside diameter will be the smaller conical diameter of the adjusting race and the length will be 1/16" longer than the gap between nut and washer and adjusting washer when assembled.
only dead fish go with the flow
Morbec1

Re: Matchless G2 restoration

Post by Morbec1 »

Thanks cbranni, got it found a spacer with the correct inner and outer diameter the length is very slightly to long, fitted the forks today all good many thanks for your advice. Have to be totally honest this is the most frustrating project I have ever attempted all down to the under engine channel, main stand and riders footrest set up, manual totally useless then you have the head stock bolt again a spacer is shown but no information AMC must love the use of various spacers.

Phil