A liitle advice please

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
BeenyBoy

A liitle advice please

Post by BeenyBoy »

1965 G2

Hi

I'm starting to rebuild the frame after powder coating and I'm struggling with how the two lower cradles and foot rest/centre stand fit together...I'm sure its very simple but I can't seem to get my head around ....must be an age thing... the workshop manual is a little vague.....Would someone be kind enough to post a photo of how it all fits together

thanks.... :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Rob Harknett

Re: A liitle advice please

Post by Rob Harknett »

BeenyBoy

Post by BeenyBoy »

Thanks Rob- that certainly makes more sense than the workshop manual- I'm still a little puzzled as to where the 'u' shaped rod that retains the stand spring goes- but I'll have another look in the morning

thanks again

cheers

Mike
BeenyBoy

Post by BeenyBoy »

Right !...sorted.... been a bit a a puzzle as there have clearly been some mods on models later than that featured in the article. So...for future reference~

Referring to the original~
The two spacers- long on the left/short on the right are now bushes that fit into the stand mounting holes
The two plates are the stop for the stand when down
The spacer tube holding the main spring sits in two slots welded on the inside of the frame plate
The operating rod now connects to the stand itself and not to plates
The mechanism has to be assembled and the rear frame plate put on before the footrest rod is fitted.

A couple of pix to illustrate
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.