Lightweight petrol tank length.

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
MightyMax

Lightweight petrol tank length.

Post by MightyMax »

There are two petrol tank lengths for the lightweight models, could someone give me the measurements for both, my CSR one is approx 19" how much shorter is the earlier one?
Max
Martin.S

Re: Lightweight petrol tank length.

Post by Martin.S »

I don't know why we bother to ask these questions - it appears that nobody can be bothered to answer!
SPRIDDLER

Rs. Lightweight petrol tank length.

Post by SPRIDDLER »

That's probably because no-one has the measurements to hand.
As you will have experienced, folk on this website always 'bother' to help wherever possible, even if the enquirer hasn't bothered to become a subscribing member.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
cbranni

Post by cbranni »

When I read this post I actually measured a number of lightweight tanks and they were all the same, 19", two of the tanks were in storage which meant a round trip of 10 miles to check the length.

As I had no helpful reply I didn't answer but that doesn't mean I didn't try to help.
only dead fish go with the flow
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

even if the enquirer hasn't bothered to become a subscribing member

I don't get this, If I parked up and someone asked me about problem they have with a similar bike to mine I'd try my best to help them out - they don't have to be a member of my gang.
I don't like clicky Pubs, Clubs or forums. Treat everyone openly and welcome them in.
Remember the Web was given to us all for free.

Max - I see there are a couple of shorter ones on E Bay in the US of A - you could try asking them?
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Martin.S wrote:I don't know why we bother to ask these questions - it appears that nobody can be bothered to answer!
Hi

When I don't get an answer to a question I assume it's because folk can't help not won't help - perhaps I'm too trusting :roll: :roll: :roll:

Regards Mick
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Martin.S wrote:
even if the enquirer hasn't bothered to become a subscribing member

I don't get this, If I parked up and someone asked me about problem they have with a similar bike to mine I'd try my best to help them out - they don't have to be a member of my gang.
That was exactly my point:

Even if......

Because it is hoped that it will encourage Guests to become members, realising the value of the club and website which are largely funded by subscriptions and run by a small group of volunteers.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'