G2CSR Exhaust pipe bracket

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
basketcase

Post by basketcase »

Does anyone know what the bracket holding the exhaust pipe to the frame looks like? And if possible the dimensions as I am missing the one on my `bike.
Cheers, basketcase.
alan

Post by alan »

hi,
on my g2, the front exhaust has a stud welded or brazed on, and it fits into a bracket from the frame,and is then held solid with a nut and washer.
regards, alan.
alan

Post by alan »

alan

Post by alan »

sorry disregard my above post, i should have read it properly first.
if you dont get the answer you need, i will go in the shed tommorrow and have a look, or try and take a photo if you want one.
regards, alan.
basketcase

Post by basketcase »

Yes there is a stud brazed on, but buying the bike as a "basketcase" and never before having seen one, I`ve no idea what it looks like. The exhaust is a new one bought from Armours, a really good fit. If you wouldn`t mind, either the measurements or a description would be fine, there`s no hurry as I`m away for a week as from Monday.
Cheers, basketcase.
alan

Post by alan »

hi basketcase,
it is just a "z" shaped bracket about 1/2 inch wide, 1/8 inch thick, drilled through at both ends, exhaust stud goes through one and a bottom engine mounting stud goes through the other end.
regards, alan
Biscuit
Deceased

Post by Biscuit »

Having just struck up an aquaintance with one of these er, bikes, the bracket is a piece of flat MS. 0.8" wide by 0.2" thick, each end is bent at right angles in opposite directions (like half a swastika) the centre portion is 2.9" long, the right angled bit that bolts to the engine stud is 7/8ths" from centre of middle portion to bolt hole, and the bit that bolts to the pipe is 0.95" ditto. The engine stud to which it is secured is the one directly below the points housing.

Not saying this is necessarily correct, but it is what is fitted to the bike in question.