OH MY GOD I NEED HELP!!!

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Peter Evans.

OH MY GOD I NEED HELP!!!

Post by Peter Evans. »

I am having trouble with a restoration that I am doing, I have a 1962 G2 CS, now I assume from the other CS models that it means that it should be in street scrambler trim? It has at the moment 19" wheels front an rear. Is this correct? I am also looking for the correct alloy guard for the bike I have the front one but not the back one, can anyone help me please?

Thankyou
Ian5913

OH MY GOD I NEED HELP!!!

Post by Ian5913 »

Dont panic!
The 62 CS G2 is a nice bike. But I would suggest to get you started you join the club (If you havent already) from the spares scheme as a club member you can obtain all the books / pictures / spec sheets & of course parts!.That you could need to do a cheap on the road re build or a nut & bolt show rebuild.
Whilst I have not re built a CS I have helped with a 350 trials for the Newbury section and own a 350 model 8 lightweight which all have common parts
If you would like any specific help contact me via e mail or through the forum I will help if I can
Peter Evans.

OH MY GOD I NEED HELP!!!

Post by Peter Evans. »

Thankyou so very much! i am already a member of the club (Christmas Pressie), so i will be getting my parts through there hopefuly. thankyou again. don't suppose you have any more pictures?

Peter Evans
Ian5913

OH MY GOD I NEED HELP!!!

Post by Ian5913 »

I will have a look & get back to you direct it may take me a couple of days. So dont keep checking to soon. I would suggest a couple of things. In the mean time
a/ get the frame & engine numbers checked if it hasn't already got a v5 before you start the rebuild
b/ Advertise the mudguards in the Jampot and they should go!
Peter Evans.

OH MY GOD I NEED HELP!!!

Post by Peter Evans. »

i have all the paper work going all the way back to 1962 where it was first bought by Slocombes. i ahve a V5 and everything all i need is good pictures from different angles and specifications. thanks for the other pic very useful.

Peter

if you come accross anything else then i would be very grateful. i am located in the South west at the moment.