lightweight side stand?

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
ij7760

lightweight side stand?

Post by ij7760 »

did the G2/model14 ever come with a side stand?...if so can you still get one?..or has anyone fitted a aftermarket one?

Ian
Dougie

lightweight side stand?

Post by Dougie »

The last time I looked I believe JSL did one but it was frighteningly expensive!
Brothers Matt & Neal with joint membership
ij7760

lightweight side stand?

Post by ij7760 »

yes just looked £117 ouch! got to be a cheaper way...ian
kernow kid

lightweight side stand?

Post by kernow kid »

Was it a recent Jampot where someone modded a Curry Enfield sidestand for a lightweight?? I think the Indian Enfield sidestand was about £17 new! Maybe worth a look if you see one...
Regards KK
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
wilko

lightweight side stand?

Post by wilko »

If you have a lump of steel and a file and an arc welder you can make a lotta things!!!
smsxr05

lightweight side stand?

Post by smsxr05 »

All i did was purchase a universal site stand and clamp it onto the arm that holds the passenger peg. Then drill a small hole through both and insert a steel roll pin to stop it slipping round. Works a treat.
Sonof.
basketcase

lightweight side stand?

Post by basketcase »

I have the original one and it is about much use as a chocolate fireguard! It weighs about 2 stone, bends when it takes the weight of the `lightweight` `bike and is difficult to try to reach with your foot. Mind you the centrestand isn`t much better!
Is there any modification to the main stand that makes it work as it should? Mine touches the floor and allows both wheels to touch as well.
Cheers, basketcase.
kernow kid

lightweight side stand?

Post by kernow kid »

Right..Ive found it! February 2008 edition of Jampot, page 10..3 nice pictures and a detailed description of how to mod an Indian Enfield assembly to fit. If the esteemed editor gives permission, I could scan it in and email, if required.
Regards KK
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
ij7760

lightweight side stand?

Post by ij7760 »

That would be very helpfull
thanks...ian
kernow kid

lightweight side stand?

Post by kernow kid »

Hi Ian, I'll need to check with Chris Read that its OK, due to copyright, but in the mean time, can you PM me an email address?
Regards KK