G2 CSR Rebuild problems - HELP!!!

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
silverarrow

Post by silverarrow »

A copy parts book and parts list with drawings can be obtained from BMS www.brucemainsmith.com these should be a big help. In the manual i recall there are exploded views of all the major components such as forks engine gearbox etc

Les Smith
Keep smiling
silverarrow

Post by silverarrow »

No that would be the same thing but a copy of the spares bok would be valuable as it would hopefully give you a picture of all the parts and will group all the parts together in the listing. I have never touched a stand on one of these models so cannot help further other than to suggest asking through the Jampot or joining the egroup at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ajsmatchless there is also another website that might help www.btinternet.com/~imje123/index.htm
Good luck. les Smith
Keep smiling
Tolly

Post by Tolly »

Martyn,

If the stand is the same as the G5, which I think it is, its a bit of a complicated affair. There are 2 plates which form a sandwich in which it goes either side of the bottom of the frame and the foot rest rod holds it all together. There are only about 5 parts to it, that's excluding the foot rests and spacers, you only need to powdercoat the 2 plates. If you have trouble with the assembly give me a shout and I will draw some instructions.
Regards,
Mike.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.