Gear box casing gaskets

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Ian 14 G2

Gear box casing gaskets

Post by Ian 14 G2 »

I would like some help as to ordering the correct gaskets for my gear box casings, having had to replace my kick start spring I decided to separate the gear box and check for any wear and damage, everything is fine and I am about to reassemble it and need gaskets for the casings,the bike engine is from a 1959 G2 and I am guessing the gear box is to, could any one tell me which would be the correct gaskets to order from AMC Spares (part numbers) regards Ian.
Stuoyb

Gear box casing gaskets

Post by Stuoyb »

042159 is the outer cover gasket, 042158 inner cover gasket. These are available from the club spares scheme (Jampot Spares) which is now open to non-members.
Malleon

Gear box casing gaskets

Post by Malleon »

quote:
042159 is the outer cover gasket, 042158 inner cover gasket. These are available from the club spares scheme (Jampot Spares) which is now open to non-members.

Hello Stuart,
I hope the old Inland Revenue boys don't read this forum; the JSL can only sell to 'members', even if the member has only just joined (temporarily??).
I hope this doesn't stir up another hornets' nest !
Best regards
CR

Gear box casing gaskets

Post by CR »

The Club Spares Scheme (Jampot Spares Limited) can sell to absolutely anybody in the world, regardless of whether they are a fully paid up member of this club or not. The temporary membership that you refer to is a minimal one-off charge that allows the club to benefit from favourable taxation terms. In return, you (the owner of a bike of the marque) have the certain knowledge that the club is ensuring your never ending supply of parts to keep your pride and joy running, and those favourable tax terms allow the club to invest more money in new parts for the future.

If you're a club member - fly the flag. JSL is YOUR parts scheme, set up to benefit you and keep the marque on the road. Tell others why it's there and encourage them to support it or one day you may lose it! And who's fault will that be?