Matchless G2 British Hub CSR Models

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
scoulding

Post by scoulding »

Please can anyone help?

I am rebuilding a G2CSR and have a British hub to fit to the 1 1/4" teledraulic forks. Problem is the hub does not have any internals. Can anyone tell me if they can help with parts.

I need the brake shoe expander, brake shoe expander lever, brake shoe springs, brakes shoes (even if poor condition)and any spacers for the hub spindle.

If someone can help with information or point me in the right direction? Do other Matchless / AJS hub parts fit the British engineering hub?

Thanks Sean
A Moderator

Post by A Moderator »

Moved from Frequent Questions
spindle

Post by spindle »

6 inch full hub on a 17inch rim you should be able to get the shoes and springs at the club spares shop JSL
The G2 and model 14 AJS are the same bike made from 1958 to 1966 do a search on this site and download a manual
spindle

Post by spindle »

scoulding

Post by scoulding »

Thanks for the reply and the link to look at. I will take a look and see if I can gleam information form the parts books.

Appreciated.
Dick Hobart

Post by Dick Hobart »

I'm no expert on AMC lightweights but I always thought that the British Hub unit was only fitted to the CSR variants. The other models used James/Francis Barnett hubs with, I believe, different innards. British Hub's biggest customer was probably Greeves and as Villiers Services have most of the ex-Greeves factory stock it may be worth giving them a try. Just a thought.
scoulding

Post by scoulding »

Thanks Dick H

Yes my understanding is the CSR lightweight just took the British Hub. I have had a look through various AJS / Matchless parts lists but nothing listed for this particular hub.

Villiers Services? is there a contact address, do they exisit? If you do have a contact I will try.

Thaks for the information
Sean
Dick Hobart

Post by Dick Hobart »

Sorry Sean. Give them a ring on 01384 265797. You'll probably get one of the Gollings family. Usually very helpful but always very busy so be patient! Good luck.
scoulding

Post by scoulding »

Thanks Dick H

For leading me towards Greeves suppliers. It has paid off and I have found brake / hub parts from the following supplier.

Greeves Motorcycles Limited, Essex.
www.greevesmotorcyclesltd.com

So many thanks, one problem solved onto the next bit of the rebuild.