lightweight cranks

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
lovemotorbikes

lightweight cranks

Post by lovemotorbikes »

hey peeps, got two sets of cases and cranks, one 59 g2, and 62 csr,how do they differ, and can i mix and match, ???they seem to be similar, is the 62 a steel crank ?and how would i know, they look as i said alike, help would be a boon,i,m back in the amc fold after many years , i,ve had an idea of a little 250 special in mind for 30 years or so, regards david
cbranni

lightweight cranks

Post by cbranni »

Hi David, I may be wrong but someone will correct me, G2 crank doesn't have holes in and is cast, csr crank is steel with two holes, the 59 and 62 cases are not the same, its to do with the breather, the 62 has the stator bolted from inside the case, the 59 I think has a hollow bolt which acts as a fixing and for breathing, and its near the rear chain, which it lubes, often too well, the hole is there on the csr but acts only as vent.
Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
lovemotorbikes

lightweight cranks

Post by lovemotorbikes »

lovemotorbikes

lightweight cranks

Post by lovemotorbikes »

hey, thanks, its off to the shed to check, glad to be back in the club, ...david
lovemotorbikes

lightweight cranks

Post by lovemotorbikes »

lovemotorbikes

lightweight cranks

Post by lovemotorbikes »

ok, got the cranks sorted, like everything, seems easy when you know, ............!does any body rebuild cranks,got big end play in the csr ,only a tad, can one get oversize rollers?.regards ...dave
wilko

lightweight cranks

Post by wilko »

They sometimes turn up! But you would still probably have to have the rod lapped. God knows who does that anymore besides Alpha, who i'm sure wouldn't be interested!