G2 crank case halfs

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
theroof

G2 crank case halfs

Post by theroof »

previously posted in wrong section
can I use the crank case halfs off a G2CSR to replace those from a standered 61 G2
R.Grover
Rob Harknett

G2 crank case halfs

Post by Rob Harknett »

You do not state the year of the G2CSR. However, you can check to see if the two have the same pt.no's in parts list to discover the answer. Parts lists can be found here www.archives.jampot.dk
cbranni

G2 crank case halfs

Post by cbranni »

There was a running change in the crankcase breather components at some point, maybe around 61, I'm not sure, but you can see the difference.
Pre change the stator was held in position by a hollow bolt from the gearbox side of the crankcase, post change the fixing bolt for the stator is in the crankcase, the hole gearbox side is still retained for breathing.
Whether the stators are interchangeable between the changed crankcases I'm not sure.
I have crankcases of both types in the shed attic I could take some photos if you need.
Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
theroof

G2 crank case halfs

Post by theroof »

thanks collin that would be most appreciated, you could e-mail them to me if thats any easier.
regarding the year of the CSR cases,I have no knowledge of only the engine #12900/A (its one I`m looking at on ebay)
thanks for the possitive replys.Ray.
R.Grover
cbranni

G2 crank case halfs

Post by cbranni »

Hi Ray, the first photo is a '59 drive side crankcase half showing the threaded hole, a long hollow bolt screws into this hole and picks up on a hole in the breather stator, this hole is situated behind gearbox which allows oil mist to lube the rear chain.

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m58 ... ike071.jpg

The second photo is of a post change 61 drive side crankcase half, it still has hole for breathing but is not threaded, you can also see the stator fixing bolt which is inside the case.

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m58 ... ike072.jpg

Hope this helps, if you need any more help please contact me

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow