Engine 'O' rings

Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
Red Gauntlet

Engine 'O' rings

Post by Red Gauntlet »

The gasket sets supplied for the engine do not appear to have the 'O' rings for the oil pump bung (tank end) and screw cap, being as my ones were in such a poor state upon removal, does anyone have the correct sizes for these? I see there is also a thick rubber 'O' ring at the far end of the oil filter, I have retrieved it, but again in poor condition are any of these parts available?
ajscomboman

Re: Engine 'O' rings

Post by ajscomboman »

Mighty Max wrote:The gasket sets supplied for the engine do not appear to have the 'O' rings for the oil pump bung (tank end) and screw cap, being as my ones were in such a poor state upon removal, does anyone have the correct sizes for these? I see there is also a thick rubber 'O' ring at the far end of the oil filter, I have retrieved it, but again in poor condition are any of these parts available?
They are probably not available as the suppliers have never had any sample to work from. Ideally if there is enough of them left I'd appreciate you sending me the dimensions and I will contact some suppliers to see if we can get them into stock. I have found the 3 part numbers required so if you can do your bit that'd be most useful.
Rob
Red Gauntlet

Post by Red Gauntlet »

OK Rob, I will see what i can do.
Red Gauntlet

Post by Red Gauntlet »

OK so the engine oil pump bung O ring 042177 is 10mm ID and 3mm CS (3/8" X 1/8") and the pump screw one at the rear of the case 042178 is 17mm ID and 2.5mm CS (11/16" x 3/32") Viton is best, The 350 long mesh oil filer one is Nitrile and measures 3mm thick ID 13mm and OD 24mm (1/2" X 1" OD and 1/8" thick). All available on fleabay at reasonable cost.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Thank you for the info I'll get onto it and get them into stock.
Red Gauntlet

Post by Red Gauntlet »

Just got some samples and it looks as if the 042177 has to be 2.5mm CS not 3mm.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

I've sent details to our existing supplier to see what they come up with. If they don't then I'll go on the ebay hunt.