Exhaust and battery

Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
ditchweed

Re: Exhaust and battery

Post by ditchweed »

so took some photos of the pipe and silencer today hoping someone can id it or shed some light on why it won't fit?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ditchweed

Post by ditchweed »

and the other photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rangy65

Post by Rangy65 »

Hi just measured my down pipe and its 37 mm diameter in new money, so it would appear that you may have a different model exhaust pipe.

Cheers
Steve
ditchweed

Post by ditchweed »

Ok so does anyone have any idea what it might be? Also is the conn cation between the silencer and exhaust familiar?
Thanks
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

ditchweed wrote:Ok so does anyone have any idea what it might be? Also is the conn cation between the silencer and exhaust familiar?
Thanks
The front pipe to head looks like it has been sleeved for some reason, the lightweight pipe is a single skin, the pipe to silencer should be parallel whereas yours has been made a larger diameter to fit the silencer because that is wrong as well as it shouldn't have that mounting bracket on it but a stud welded to the side of the silencer with a nut. I reckon it is a G3 silencer but not sure about the front pipe??

Paul
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
ditchweed

Post by ditchweed »

Ok, so i've just coughed up for a new one from feked, if anyone has any use of the silencer or pipe, let me know they have just been rechromed by the previous owner and not used as they won't fit, not sure how he ended up re-chroming the wrong pipe but anyway if someone wants them let me know and you can have them for close to nothing.