1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Janet

Re: Selecting neutral gear

Post by Janet »

Now don't you be stirring up more trouble for me. :oops:
clive

Post by clive »

Rangy65 wrote:...............This set up caused a very similar problem to yours in that neutral was hard to select when at a standstill. The clutch dragged and i could feel the bike wanting to creep forward even with the clutch pulled in..............
and the reply
greasemonkey62 wrote: ..... the bike does not go forward when in gear and the engine running without brakes on, but you could say it is "rubbing" but not enough to move it forwards at all, so I didn't think that would do anything much at all.
Somtimes you need to read two entries to follow the plot!! :rofl:
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Janet

Post by Janet »

I read all the entries but I associated what was written with the person who wrote it. Clearly the world is better off without me trying to be of help.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Janet read all the entries, Clive,......but not necessarily in the right order :rofl:
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Give over, everybody just tries to help.

I've associated the detent mechanism with jumping out of gear rather than not getting into neutral.

Clutch problem of some kind seems a good bet to me for the problem selecting neutral although I try and slot into neutral as I come to a stop.

Particularly useful to do this late in the evening..............................

when going to sleep......................

in bed.

Johnny B
greasemonkey62

Post by greasemonkey62 »

greasemonkey62 wrote:It has been like it all the time as it needed a lot of work on it to run correctly, the bike does not go forward when in gear and the engine running without brakes on, but you could say it is "rubbing" but not enough to move it forwards at all, so I didn't think that would do anything much at all.
I meant with the clutch pulled in meaning its not dragging the bike forward when in gear and the clutch lever pulled in, meaning the drag is very very minimal. sorry about that not too clear info.
Janet

Post by Janet »

SPRIDDLER wrote:Janet read all the entries, Clive,......but not necessarily in the right order :rofl:
I can't play a piano either.
Janet

Post by Janet »

greasemonkey62 wrote:
greasemonkey62 wrote:It has been like it all the time as it needed a lot of work on it to run correctly, the bike does not go forward when in gear and the engine running without brakes on, but you could say it is "rubbing" but not enough to move it forwards at all, so I didn't think that would do anything much at all.
I meant with the clutch pulled in meaning its not dragging the bike forward when in gear and the clutch lever pulled in, meaning the drag is very very minimal. sorry about that not too clear info.
Hey, everyone else understood so it was clear enough.
clive

Post by clive »

grease monkey amongst all this did you spot my entry with advice on how to set the clutch so it is less likely to drag? I think adjusting the clutch so there is no "rubbing" may be the route to easier selection of neutral.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix