Invisible security

Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
Rob Harknett

Re: Invisible security

Post by Rob Harknett »

I think security for where the bike is kept at night the most important. In the open there are joy riders and thieves, the joy riders would be deterred by not being able to start the bike. As for stealing a light weight, that could quite easy be a one man job with a white van and ramp.
MartinWillmott

Post by MartinWillmott »

What I'm trying to achieve is whilst keeping the bike as close to original as possible to fit some security without switch holes being drilled or fiddly fuse removal, basically I'm so lazy a remote on my keyring would suit me and the system can be totally hidden, may even fit an alarm with movement/shock detect, I suppose the right alarm could be used to disable the bike instead of a stand alone kill system
MartinWillmott

Post by MartinWillmott »

Where it's kept at night I have trouble getting it in or out but for short term stowage I have a ground anchor outside, a cover and it's on 24hr cctv
JohnHewes

Post by JohnHewes »

I remember that at the TT a few years ago the radio kept running a message to get you to "Secure your bike to something heavy and immobile - like a Harly, for example"
John
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

MartinWillmott wrote:Where it's kept at night I have trouble getting it in or out but for short term stowage I have a ground anchor outside, a cover and it's on 24hr cctv
That is about as much as you can do then, Mine has been outside double locked (two wall anchors and two covers) for the last 4 years and it's 5th winter is this year. Mine is still 6 volt so getting any kind of decent alarm is almost impossible, no-one takes any notice of them anyway. I take the fuse out just as an extra and the battery comes off if it is going to be left more than a few days. Oh, and lazy and owning an old Brit bike do not go hand in hand, it will keep you on your toes!!!
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed