Never had one

Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
G15 Roy

Re: Never had one

Post by G15 Roy »

ajscomboman wrote:Mr Bellett, I swear one day I'll swing for you!!!!!!!!!! ;) Yes I will have the gear to make a cable with me if it's required at the rally but you can provide the universal kit as I've just used the last of mine and need to get some more at Kempton.
i best bring three with me then one for each of yours bikes as well as the lightweight. :roll:
Roy
shifter

Post by shifter »

Roy
I was chatting to a chap about the rally I may have misunderstood him, but I'm sure he said it was all booked up never mind so I may have a run down better fetch a Cpl of £s to get the drinks in oh and pay for the cable
?
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

What he may have meant its was to late to get the early booking discount but you can still turn up on the day and camp. :beer:
Roy
Janet

Post by Janet »

I've sent an e-mail to Dave Ayers to ask him the current position. I do know that meals have to be pre-booked to help the caterers with numbers but not for camping.
I've not seen anything in writing myself, but I've heard that breakfasts can be bought at the rally site.

Edit: to add an important missing word. Thanks Nev.
Last edited by Janet on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Janet wrote:I've sent an e-mail to Dave Ayers to ask him the current position. I do know that [meals?] have to be pre-booked to help the caterers with numbers but not for camping.
I've not seen anything in writing myself, but I've heard that breakfasts can be bought at the rally site.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I would appear there are no problems if members turn up that have not pre booked. It is understood meals cannot be booked on the day.
( See latest information ) So I assume that means, if you have not pre booked, you will not be able to book meals for the day of arrival only. There should be no restrictions on members wishing to attend the AGM. Which is to be held on the rally site.
Janet

Post by Janet »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
Janet wrote:I've sent an e-mail to Dave Ayers to ask him the current position. I do know that [meals?] have to be pre-booked to help the caterers with numbers but not for camping.
Oops! Thank you, word now added.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Janet wrote: Oops! Thank you, word now added.
We wouldn't want to mislead folk into thinking it was only the à la carte lobsters or grouse that had to be pre-booked.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
Janet wrote: Oops! Thank you, word now added.
We wouldn't want to mislead folk into thinking it was only the à la carte lobsters or grouse that had to be pre-booked.
Unfortunately the la carte Grouse is out of season and Lobster if off due to health and safety reasons. As Dudley would say if you can't see the sea don't it fish, but scampi is fine.
Roy
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

G15 Roy wrote: As Dudley would say if you can't see the sea don't eat fish, ......
Poor Didley. And I guess that due to the curvature of the earth he needs to get much closer than the rest of us to be able to see it .