Re: New member

Post by cbranni »

I like that a lot Steve

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
bigduke6

Post by bigduke6 »

Am in possession of the Bike, not all that bad, will remain an oily rag example for some time, but hope to have it looking like Steve's one day..... in the meantime thanks for all replies will get some pics up tomorrow when the other half has gone to work, looking at the manual for the G5 and Model 8 the battery was a 3-ER7L is there a Modern equivalent to this? the one that come with the bike is a B38-6A 6v 13AH just looks out of place ??
Rangy65

Post by Rangy65 »

Hi there - First thanks for the compliment Colin. As for the battery i can't advise on 6v because all my G5's have been converted.

However here's the dimensions for the 12V that i use which fits well - i am sure you can get a 6v version somewhere.
G5 Battery.PNG
Slide the image across to see dimensions

Cheers
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bigduke6

Post by bigduke6 »

Thanks Steve, I'm just reading up on the 12v conversion, think I'll go this route at some point as I want to fit indicators (LED), can't say I like them on a classic but I live in a city and I doubt many young drivers are aware of the old hand signals.
bigduke6

Post by bigduke6 »

Been away for some time and blowing the dust off the Model 8, Now up and running but brakes are none existent, reading a few interesting posts regarding different drums etc for TLS and the hydraulic conversion, after pulling that hard and breaking the cable I'm looking at that option in the future........

For the time being I've gone throughout the cleaning procedure for the brakes etc and there is little difference, the shoes don't look to be that worn but will replace the linings, can anyone suggest what linings to use?

I've most of the components to do the 12v conversion too, as I'm looking at using the bike in France in the next few weeks,