Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
dada

Production Documents

Post by dada »

Hi, anyone has knows how many where produced ? any history documents. Thanks
Rob Harknett

Re: Production Documents

Post by Rob Harknett »

At the moment I am scanning the club magazines 1954 to 1984 are now on the website for members only here. http://www.jampot.com/C_MagsArchiveList.asp
Note during the early years of our club, 1952 onwards, AMC was only in its 7th post war era year. While scanning these old magazines I noticed articles based on factual factory information.
" Dispatch records " " Frame & engine numbers " " History of lightweights" There are other such titles suggesting the articles will contain some, interesting reading, relating to questions such as yours. I am now up to 1990 some 450 magazines scanned. I think about something like 390 issues are now on the website for you. So plenty to read during lockdown. Let us know if you find an article that is of interest, stating the issue number.
Last edited by Rob Harknett on Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dada

Post by dada »

Thanks alot really appreciate this :)
well oiled

Post by well oiled »

I found this some time ago, probably on this site, may be of interest see attachment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alexlib

Post by Alexlib »

Thanks well oiled, interesting document, I see that the frame numbers for 1966 onwards are unrecorded, I have a 1966 350 with the frame number A88259, it has an engine number of G343105, so if I read correctly it was one of the last sixty 350 built around may 1966, first reg in September 1967 so it sat in the dealers for sometime
Does this make mine one of the youngest G3’s still on the road?