G5 Rear sprocket bolts

Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
ajscomboman

Re: G5 Rear sprocket bolts

Post by ajscomboman »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:Without wishing to drone on again, if it's part the club do not stock and a you have 3 out of the 6 bolts but cannot find the remainder anywhere, why not try to commission a batch and sell them to the club or ask for funding? It's the only way that L/W stock is going to improve.
I fully agree with you Rob and it occurs to me that since the readership of the Forums is relatively small perhaps a short article in the Jampot of the need and an explanation of potential funding and how to proceed might generate some helpful responses?
I think I may well do just that Nev.
dodger

Post by dodger »

Sprocket bolts.jpg
I made new sprocket bolts for my lightweight out of stainless steel so these three are the only original ones I have left, if they are any use to you you can have them.
Laurie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

Hi Laurence, could you make a detailed drawing (in inches) of one of these bolts and post it here - there have been lots of enquiries here after them - me being one of them - or send me the dimensions and I'll happily do it.
Cheers
Martin
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Martin.S wrote:Hi Laurence, could you make a detailed drawing (in inches) of one of these bolts and post it here - there have been lots of enquiries here after them - me being one of them - or send me the dimensions and I'll happily do it.
Cheers
Martin
Are you proposing to price up for a batch and sell to the club to put into stock? If so that would be very much appreciated by many L/W owners and is a helpful way of working.
dodger

Post by dodger »

Sprocket dimensions.jpg
Here you are Martin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Groily

Post by Groily »

Very handy for those as need, for sure. But those threads aren't Cycle - they're coarse and look WW to me almost for sure.?
dodger

Post by dodger »

They look coarse because the picture is blown up for clarity, that thread is most definitely 1/4 Bscy.
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Are these bolts Cycle or BSF? My sheet implies BSF, but I'm not certain. Both are 26 tpi!
1989 Moto Morini Dart 350
1993 Ducati 750SS
dodger

Post by dodger »

They do not screw into aluminium so I assume they are Bscy, AMC mainly used BSF that screwed into aluminium.
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

If they're cycle thread, then Motalia have stainless steel ones in stock that should fit:
https://www.motalia.co.uk/K2-08.html
HC14058DS-2.JPG
1989 Moto Morini Dart 350
1993 Ducati 750SS