Advice on potential purchase of a 16MS

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
spurrea

Re: Advice on potential purchase of a 16MS

Post by spurrea »

Spriddler.
My thoughts exactly. I would rather pay someone who has lovingly looked after or restored their Ajay a decent price.
I Know more about a 1956 16MS than I did two weeks ago and with all your help I at least recognise what one should look like and have a better idea of what a reasonable price for one should be.
shifter

Post by shifter »

My bike is in very very good body cosmetic and mechanical condition starting and stopping as it should and would expect a price of around £3,650 if I were selling it and he wants over £4,000 for that thing oh dear
Shifter
?
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

I have reported him to eBay as miss discription but it won't get anywhere as eBay are just as corrupt as the seller.
Roy
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

Oooh Roy.
You know Ebay dont like critism and you shouldnt do it .
shifter

Post by shifter »

I have found e/bay to be ok most of the time its some of the sellers that are a little sparce with the truth thats not good, (Added later 03/07/17 Just look at the amount of people that use the service for buying and selling your bound to get a percentage of problems
Last edited by shifter on Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
?
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

shifter wrote:I have found e/bay to be ok most of the time its some of the sellers that are a little sparce with the truth thats not good

Good luck if you ever have to complain to eBay about an item that does not turn up, especially if the seller has over 22,000 sales/feedbacks that ebay earn listing fees for..... It is VERY difficult to get them to do anything. After 3 months I was told to take it up with Paypal!
thornebt

Post by thornebt »

Peter Morris wrote:
shifter wrote:I have found e/bay to be ok most of the time its some of the sellers that are a little sparce with the truth thats not good

Good luck if you ever have to complain to eBay about an item that does not turn up, especially if the seller has over 22,000 sales/feedbacks that ebay earn listing fees for..... It is VERY difficult to get them to do anything. After 3 months I was told to take it up with Paypal!
It's best to pay with Paypal. If the item doesn't arrive you just file a case for item not received. Ebay expect all sellers to use a tracked service. If they don't then you should easily get your money back - it might take a couple of weeks. I've also paid with my Amex card and they have refunded the payment to me. Not as easy as the Paypal process in that you have to phone them and explain the situation but it works. Cheers. Bruce.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

G15 Roy wrote:I have reported him to eBay as miss discription but it won't get anywhere as eBay are just as corrupt as the seller.
Three days and no reply from eBay but the seller has yet again said the bike runs and rides ok and that the Dynamo is not needed as it only works the lights.
Roy
shifter

Post by shifter »

Roy
But he states in the ad that the bike has been checked and in perfect working condition,
?
raffles

Post by raffles »

So round and round and round it goes why do we even talk about it obviously the owner is after Robs new title
Tony