Newly purchased 1952 M16

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
PaulW

Newly purchased 1952 M16

Post by PaulW »

Good morning.

I picked up my first AJS last night. It has been standing for at least three years, it is a non runner and has no V5c and no known history apart from the fact that it was laid up after a previous owner passed on.

I will get my head around it, slowly and have no grand plans but to make it run as sweetly as I can.

I have requested forms from the DVLA in order to obtain a V5c with help of the club.

As I currently have a major project on the go, this little beauty might take a while, but I hope that it will be a runner by spring. As I am complete novice in terms of British bikes, I would welcome all comments, suggestions and advice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rudelan_LAPSED

Re: Newly purchased 1952 M16

Post by rudelan_LAPSED »

Hello,

Nice bike, good project ! ;-)

Ruddy
Life is beautiful and you have to enjoy it
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Thanks Ruddy. I hope to do it sympathetic justice.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Quick glance and it looks good. Bit of blue paint that should be black. Its just waiting to be ridden as is. A good clean and service, replace tyres and tubes. The bike may well give you all the rides you'll ever ask of it. I have just put bits together along with new tyres tubes and wiring. Still running after 30+ years. Not touched engine gearbox mag . Just dynamo bearings and carb float replaced. Holland Lincolnshire reg. no. Did the DVLA say it is not registered ? Holland Lincs records are archived at Lincolnshire Archive Office. St Rumbold St. Lincolnshire, LN2 5AB May be worth getting on to them for reg. details perhaps get the old reg. no. back.
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Thanks Rob.
I was wrongly reading the reg code as Carmarthenshire rather than Lincolnshire. I will be in Lincoln very soon, so might well pop in and see if I can get some info. Dvla indicated that the number hadn't been reassigned, so fingers crossed.