Kick lever on my G3LS 1955 identification

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
rudelan_LAPSED

Kick lever on my G3LS 1955 identification

Post by rudelan_LAPSED »

Hello,

I can not put the exhaust silencer, because the kick is blocked by silencer during its descent. With the help of the two pictures below, can you tell me if I have the right kick lever? (Shape and distance between the flat of the rear frame and the kick lever).
Thank you, Ruddy
Last edited by rudelan_LAPSED on Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is beautiful and you have to enjoy it
clive

Re: Kick lever on my G3LS 1955 identification

Post by clive »

Rudelan, that kickstart looks ok (not measured it though) and the problem may be needing to move the silencer a little further back. Looks like it clears the pipe ok. Original exhaust pipes were a little longer with a pepperpot end. By the way that folding kickstart for the Burman gearbox is like hens teeth, there will be off-road owners looking at it jealously. The road bikes had a fixed pedal which sat behind your leg.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
cbranni

Post by cbranni »

Green with envy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I have had a 55G3LS since 1956, with non folding kick starter. The bend on which clears the silencer easy. The bend on your kick starter more acute, so cannot clear the silencer. You can see the line the pipe takes via the picture looking downwards.
SDC14823.JPG
SDC14822.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.