Help with transfers

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
ajscomboman

Re: Help with transfers

Post by ajscomboman »

As promised, I have followed up on the lack of location information. The transfers are always placed inside a white piece of A4 paper which contains not only the recommended fixing method but on the reverse side the locations of the transfers. So I'm at a loss why you couldn't find any information in your package.
arcturus

Post by arcturus »

ajscomboman wrote:As promised, I have followed up on the lack of location information. The transfers are always placed inside a white piece of A4 paper which contains not only the recommended fixing method but on the reverse side the locations of the transfers. So I'm at a loss why you couldn't find any information in your package.
I got that paper. But it only contained information on how to apply the transfers. Nothing written on the back... Could you perhaps post it here, or I could pm you my email. I still need information with measurements for placing the oil level transfers.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

The bikes are not that fussy about exact measurements. It would not be easy to see exactly, the oil level inside the tank lining up with the transfer. Leave that transfer off until fill the oil tank with the correct amount of oil. Run the engine until oil starts to return. The tank should then be at it's correct full level. You can the eye up the oil level when fixing the transfers. If you want a measurement, use a dip stick just touching the oil, mark the stick level with the tank rim.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Had you searched the forum, you would have found about 30 time's this has been discussed. Here's one.
http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... er#p119966
arcturus

Post by arcturus »

Yes, I could probably get close with that method. But there has to be a measure I could follow. At least the distance between upper and lower level.