speedo

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
bjimc

speedo

Post by bjimc »

hi has any one used aftermarket speedometer on 1957 g3 if so what and are they any good please

Re: speedo

Post by 1608 »

By after market I presume you mean Indian made. I have one fitted to an Ariel and it works fine, for the time being! But for £ 20.00 new I could afford to replace it every year or so and would,t mind. It does read a little fast, but thats a bonus :rofl: Its probably calibrated for KPH but has an MPH dial face. Looks good too. I believe well worth the money, I even have a spare. Re-cond Smiths clocks are extortionate and can still go wrong after being supposedly re-cond. Thats just my view.
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

just remember, they are a different profile round the back and use a different speedo cable. you should get 1000 miles out of it
bjimc

Post by bjimc »

hi thanks for that but I was thinking more about mini/ custom type after market type or even jap etc not the ones made in india
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

I use a mini speed on the beast. Obviously connected to the Yamaha front wheel. However having said that I think the clocks are 2:1. Alter a cable and Robert is one's father's brother!
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein