Oversize valve guides G3

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
ian morrissey

Oversize valve guides G3

Post by ian morrissey »

I need a 5 thou" oversize exhaust valve guide for my 1959 G3. Does anybody know where I can get one? I have a new standard one from the spares scheme but it is too loose in the head.
BLR Engineering will make one in phosphorous bronze for £50ish and I will go down that route if i need to.
If I do get one made does anybody else want one as most of the cost is setting up the machine so they will be a bit cheaper
clive

Re: Oversize valve guides G3

Post by clive »

Hi Ian, you don't seem to be logged in as a member, although from the membership list I suspect you are. This is hovering on an advert which I am sure you know we do not allow in the open forum, however if I moved it to the adverts section of the forum where it would be fine, you would not be able to see it or the replies as it is a private space only for those logged in as fully paid up members. I am letting it through as it may help out another member.

If it is the same Ian Morrissey email the webmaster with your membership number and he will sort it out (although he may be away)
regards
Adverts Ed
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Russell Motors list o/size H/W guides but they were out of stock a couple of weeks ago and they couldn't say when they would have more. May be worth a call?

Clive is your reply a new Adverts offer?............ Post one, get a second one free?
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
ian morrissey

Post by ian morrissey »

Clive, I am a paid up member with a slightly messed up log in. Our webmaster is in France somewhere I am sure he will sort it when he gets back. Spriddler, thanks for the heads up.
clive

Post by clive »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
Clive is your reply a new Adverts offer?............ Post one, get a second one free?
Thats POGOF Neville. Deleted the duplicate entry!
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix