New to Forum

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
dougs bikes

New to Forum

Post by dougs bikes »

Just purchased a 1961 Matchless G3 Frame 79244, Engine 61 G3 40461 ex Dutch Military with only 2532 Km on the original functioning speedometer for US$1800. It came with real manuals (not copies) and a box of spares looking like they were packaged 40 years ago including NOS standard barrel, piston w/rings, valves, oil pump parts, rockers, hairpin valve springs, gasket kit and a bunch of others. The bike is complete brush painted green over original military green. Only obvious change is an Amal Concentric in place of the Monobloc. It will look good with my G12CSR. Most people in the States haven't even heard of Matchless. It will be a fun and easy project. Can't wait to get started.
SPRIDDLER

Re: New to Forum

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Welcome to the website.
dougs bikes wrote: Can't wait to get started.
Get started on what, Doug? A restoration? Or did you mean you can't wait to get it started? ;)
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
dougs bikes

Post by dougs bikes »

Started on the restoration, my 13th (if my bike list is printed + two more modern bikes) and keeping them all until retirement.
jackstringer

Post by jackstringer »

dougs bikes wrote:Just purchased a 1961 Matchless G3 Frame 79244, Engine 61 G3 40461 ex Dutch Military with only 2532 Km on the original functioning speedometer for US$1800. It came with real manuals (not copies) and a box of spares looking like they were packaged 40 years ago including NOS standard barrel, piston w/rings, valves, oil pump parts, rockers, hairpin valve springs, gasket kit and a bunch of others. The bike is complete brush painted green over original military green. Only obvious change is an Amal Concentric in place of the Monobloc. It will look good with my G12CSR. Most people in the States haven't even heard of Matchless. It will be a fun and easy project. Can't wait to get started.
Mine is also a 1961 Dutch army bike. Mine was dispatched in the Jan of 1961.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
dougs bikes

Post by dougs bikes »

This G3 Dutch Army bike's sheet metal bits had some rough times in the 2500 Kms of use, but nothing that will be too difficult to fix and/or uncobble. Steve at AMC spares supplied a box of goodies impossible to gather in one lot in the US. Great guy to work with. Armours is making up an unpolished stainless head pipe and silencer that should look the part and last. Andrew at R K Leighton will be making a solo seat cover from the original I have sent him. So, progress.
Would anyone have a photo of 027138 rubber support at the underside rear of the petrol tank?
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Hi Doug

Ther is a picture on the Jampot Spares site http://www.jampot-spares.com/store/come ... oducts.asp
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Duncan wrote:Hi Doug

Ther is a picture on the Jampot Spares site http://www.jampot-spares.com/store/come ... oducts.asp
Just a reminder you need to be a member to buy parts.
Roy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

G15 Roy wrote:
Duncan wrote:Hi Doug

Just a reminder you need to be a member to buy parts.
And get unlimited access to all forums plus the ability to post pictures to allow us to help you on the way.
dougs bikes

Post by dougs bikes »

Sorry, I found it just after my last post. Thank you for the quick responses.