Change from Magneto to Boyer Bransden ignition

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
dave16mct

Re: Change from Magneto to Boyer Bransden ignition

Post by dave16mct »

Pazon has a good reputation. Boyer is ok ( I've had 3 with no trouble, about 20 odd years on my twin) but it has high consumption. Not a problem with LED bulbs now especially with an alternator.. Probably updated now too. Thorspark seems good too and only 1/4 amp consumption.
Steve at AMC Classic Spares might exchange your cam.
Dave
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

TVL_AJS1 wrote:
Any benefits of the Pazon system vs the Boyer?

Cheers,
Tim
I have Pazon systems on both of my Meriden Triumphs. They run 12v alternator electrics. The Pazon system fitted straight out of the box, timed up correctly and have needed no adjustment since fitting. I've never fitted or used a Boyer system as the pictures of them show those coloured, insulated crimp connectors and I detest those with a passion. That's just me... the systems have a good following and are probably quite alright.
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Yes I agree, those plastic covered crimps are horrible. Also Pazon has a better connection to the pickups, the boyer is wired-in directly and can be brittle apparently. I've had absolutely no problems, all the early type, on twins.
Dave.
TVL_AJS1

Post by TVL_AJS1 »

Thanks again for your help.

I will probably go for the Pazon, especially looking at the online community and their opinions on both systems.
It seems Boyer has reduced in quality over the years where no one seems to have issues with Pazon.

I'll contact Steve as well to see if he wants to swap over.