dynamo dead?

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
paolo1970_LAPSED

dynamo dead?

Post by paolo1970_LAPSED »

hi folks, i have a 1957 16ms and the dynamo is giving out zero power, I've followed the tips on here and have tried flashing it, at first i seemed to then get a nice output voltage of aprox 15 to 19 volts wen revving engine, testing with dynamo isolated ,the 2 out put wires joined and multimeter between those and the frame of dynamo. so connected it all up on bike and no still charge to battery. disconnected and tested dynamo again and zero out put. tried flashing again but its not coming to life. i presume its time to remove and have it overhauled but who is best to overhaul these things?? any help appreciated.
Pharisee

Re: dynamo dead?

Post by Pharisee »

I've had three dynamos rebuilt by Paul Dunn at "Dynamos, Dynamos". A first class service and I would recommend him.... Other rebuild services are available!!

https://sites.google.com/site/dynamosdynamos/
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
paolo1970_LAPSED

Pharisee wrote:I've had three dynamos rebuilt by Paul Dunn at "Dynamos, Dynamos". A first class service and I would recommend him.... Other rebuild services are available!!

https://sites.google.com/site/dynamosdynamos/
thanks v much
paolo1970_LAPSED

i managed to find a matching part number recon unit on fleabay for not serious money so now system is charging nicely. my old unit is off for repair at local old school auto-elec shop so may refit it in future as the replacement one has the black bakelite brush cover with wires fixed externally at end and not the 11 o'clock cover so doesn't quite look same.. main thing is i can go for an essential ride over the weekend per chance.. cheers folks.