G80 clutch

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
GOLDSTAR

Re: G80 clutch

Post by GOLDSTAR »

by the lawd 'arry! thats me then off to night school to brush up on me french, maybe find out where I can get some square onions to fit ze cheese, kind regards
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

Nous sommes un truly internationale club n'est par. Some times it's easier for a quick response.

I have to deal with five languages in all in my family and also the area where I live and I am effluent in them all :rofl:
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
gregoire_sb

Post by gregoire_sb »

Bonsoir Jean-Noel

Oui je me suis inscrit avec l'option spare sheme car effectivement je me disait que j'allais rentabiliser l'investissement probablement! mais dans la validation de la commande à aucun moment je n'ai vu la possibilité de demander la ristourne seule une option pour l'envoi était proposé payante ou pas pour les customer...
Bref revenons à la bête, le service dating n'a pas reconnu le n° de cadre, mais elle est vraisemblablement de 1964 car tige de culbuteur dans le cylindre et pompe à huile norton. Seule particularité, elle a l'allumage par magneto devant le cylindre ce qui a du charme!
Pour l'embrayage je vais effectivement voir pour refaire les pastille de friction, qqn sur le site m'a donné une adresse en angleterre qui le ferait, je vais luis refaire son roulement et son amortisseur dans un premier temps.
merci encore
Grégoire
JEAN-NOEL

Post by JEAN-NOEL »

Bonsoir Grégoire,
For the 10 % discount :"The subscription for membership of the Spares Discount Scheme (presently £10.00 per annum) helps us to achieve the above, providing a regular sum rather than waiting for 'bread and butter' profits to drift in. ALL Club Members are entitled to purchase spares from the Scheme, however, the discount of 10% on the majority of items purchased from the Scheme is only available to those members who have joined the discount scheme"
There is a line in the order forms for this discount.
Surface Mail is included in prices for overseas customers, but you must ask for this.
Regards.
Peter Lecompte

Post by Peter Lecompte »

Hi, found this post regards the AMC gearbox older clutch for 1957. My basket case G80S 1957 has the bits for an earlier clutch. I have the 18 hard inserts, which are 5/16" thick, is that too thick?
I have fitted the 4 friction plates and 5 steel plates. When assembled the total stack is taller than the sides of the basket.... I fit the 3 hole pressure plate and tried on gearbox. The push rod would not meet the bottom of the adjusting screw... the push rod is 9 5/8" and the rod travel is 1/4".
Questions:
What is the correct thickness of the 18 inserts in the 'Sprocket with inserts for clutch' part #040392?
Is my push rod length correct?
There are 2 part numbers for the 'Plate pressure bare'. Mine is about 1" in depth. Is that correct for a G80 clutch?

Am I better off trying to find a later model complete clutch?

Cheers
Peter
Australia
Peter Lecompte

Post by Peter Lecompte »

Hi, I just posted a picture of a AMC Clutch Sprocket, inserts and centre. Any comments on this post and picture very welcome.

Thanks Peter
Peter Lecompte

Post by Peter Lecompte »

Picture on Post War singles, pictures under AMC Sprocket Insert Clutch Centre

Peter