Rear wheel hub cover.

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
Harry44

Re: Rear wheel hub cover.

Post by Harry44 »

apparently they are too busy getting ready for an open day on Saturday to be able to post anything.

I offered to pay and not ask for my money back as I'm in a hurry to get it fixed. I asked if he could stick it in the post on his way home but "No"
si is does non opportunus vos postulo a maior pango
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

What can one say not a very satisfactory answer open day is Saturday not tomorrow.
Roy
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

ajscomboman wrote:
G15 Roy wrote:
Harry44 wrote:My bits arrived yesterday but the locking ring won't screw onto the adjuster ring. I rang the AMOC spares people and even if I pay for another one and bin this one they still won't post me a replacement till Monday.

Did they say why seems strange as it is only Friday tomorrow.
For a minute I thought I'd lost a day! As it's only Thursday there's absolutely no reason for the part not to be packed and shipped in time for Friday's collection, or am I missing something else? :?
I think you may have hit the nail on the head Rob.
Spares have actually lost a day this week to get orders out. Those at work have gained a day on their week end, to sort out bits needed for their bikes, increasing this weeks orders. They also have to get ready for open day this week. So lost even more time this week to get orders out. Maybe we do need to accept, they are busy this week. We should expect a delay as they have actually lost a day plus aditional work this week. They cannot post orders what they have not had time to process and pack.
Harry44

Post by Harry44 »

Got home from the NSA sprint at Weston Zoyland and the postie has been. Lying there on the door mat was a package marked urgent, inside a nice new shiny lock ring and it screws straight onto the adjuster ring like it belongs there. An hour I the garage tomorrow and Edith will be back on her wheels.

Big thanks to who ever went the extra mile. :D
Harry44

Post by Harry44 »

Well that was harder than I expected. With the speedo drive nut done up tight there was a gap between its spacer and the spacer for the hub oil seal. As soon as I start to tighten the wheel spindle it all locks up, no good at all.

I checked and rechecked every thing but unless I left the speedo drive nut totally loose it wants to turn with the wheel.

The purists will hate this but I ended up putting an extra spacer 5mm thick between the oil seal spacer and the speedo drive spacer. It all works perfectly like that.

I wonder if the numpty who did all the work on the engine also played with the rear wheel and used the wrong spacer for the oil seal ?