Those very nice people at the DVLA...

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
Pharisee

Re: Those very nice people at the DVLA...

Post by Pharisee »

Iron Head wrote:Hello John.

I'm probably over thinking things here but the V55/5 has already got me confused! For box 5. (manufacturer) do I put Matchless or AMC? You may recall that box 6. asks for make. Do I write Matchless twice for boxes 5. and 6. ?!

Any help appreciated.

Iron Head
I put Matchless in both boxes as I was advised to do. That worked for me.
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
Iron Head

Post by Iron Head »

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Iron Head
Iron Head

Post by Iron Head »

Very good service from DVLA again. V5C received on a 12 day turnaround. Number plate white vinyl adhesive numerals should arrive tomorrow. Might be terrorising the streets on Sunday (storms permitting?!)

Iron Head
adz25

Post by adz25 »

Hi, just recieved a rejection for my V5C application as it had no NOVA with it. My bike was purchased by me in the UK and hasnt been on the road in many, many years but is pretty much ready now. Looked on the HMRC website about gaining a NOVA cert but its a little confusing about non-imported vehicles. Can any one supply any info please? Is it just a manual NOVA 1 I have to fill out as the digital forms dont seem to allow partial data entry!

Thanks

Adam
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

Hi adz. Presumably it is a British bike and your dating certificate showed that it had originally been exported. So somehow it got back here which means it was reimported. The Nova scheme started in 2013 but all registrations of reimported vehicles have to have a reference on their data base. I have had two entered, both with no detail at all of how or when they got back, one where the frame was originally sent to Rhodesia and the engine to Germany. They are very kind and very quick and made no charge. You have to get the blank Nova 1 from the internet. You will find you can fill very little of it in (by hand). Then send it with an accompanying letter and the dating certificate to the address shown. If you like I can email you a copy of a sample completed form and letter.
Stan
adz25

Post by adz25 »

Stan,

Thank you for the reply. I dont think that the dating certificate shows an export marker as far as I can see. I will get a NOVA 1 printed off in the week and send it off. Im glad you mentioned about sending the dating certificate off with it as that had not crossed my mind!

Yes please if you have a digital copy to show what boxes can be filled that would be amazing please. ( make sure you erase the identifying numbers before sending )

Many thanks

AdM
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

Hi Adam, sent you an email through the club but couldn't see how to add an attachment. Have given my email address. If you reply so I get yours I will send the documents.
I am a bit puzzled why DVLA think your bike has been abroad but the dating certificate doesn't show it. Does it show delivery to a UK dealer ? Might be worth having a word with Roy before the next move..
Stan
adz25

Post by adz25 »

Thank you Stan,

I spoke to the DVLA yesterday, and they said because it hasnt been registered yet in the UK on the new system and i cant prove that it has never been out of the UK I need to provide a NOVA declaration.

On the accompanying letter to the dating certificate, it says that the dealer is McIntyre, although i didnt send the accompanying letter to the DVLA at the time.

Thanks

Adam
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

That's a name to conjure with ! I don't know if the great Bob ever had a dealership, very many of the top riders did though.
Is is a racing bike, or is there another reason why it didn't get registered ?
Stan
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

They pick bikes at random so you just have to complete the NOVA i have always done mine on line with no problems, once this is done you may find that they want to inspect the bike as well again picked at random. Race history ;) :lol:
Roy