My toolbox needs saving!

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
markwhitelock

Re: My toolbox needs saving!

Post by markwhitelock »

Thanks for the advice gents, all fixed now and I'm really happy with how it has turned out!

56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Well done Mark and also for providing the outcome, not everyone does.

Johnny B
cbranni

Post by cbranni »

Yes I couldn't agree more Johnny about knowing the outcome of a post, good repair so well done.

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

Great stuff Mark, like to see it on the bike when done, kicked over mine and took it out for its first run for a while today....
markwhitelock

Post by markwhitelock »

All in place!

bitza

Post by bitza »

I would work some sealant around the hinge repair edges to retard further damage.
Jdraper

Post by Jdraper »

You don't have a head steady fitted, although there is a mark on the frame that suggests one was fitted. Mine was also missing - does anyone have experience of with and without the steady fitted? How important is it.

Jeremy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Jdraper wrote:You don't have a head steady fitted, although there is a mark on the frame that suggests one was fitted. Mine was also missing - does anyone have experience of with and without the steady fitted? How important is it.

Jeremy
Funnily enough I went through this with Mark the other day explaining the fitting if the head steady and clip, and why it's important NOT to fit the clip either side on the steady plate. If it's not fitted you'll notice the vibes much more.
markwhitelock

Post by markwhitelock »

Jdraper wrote:You don't have a head steady fitted, although there is a mark on the frame that suggests one was fitted. Mine was also missing - does anyone have experience of with and without the steady fitted? How important is it.

Jeremy
It wasn't fitted when I got the bike, you can see in the photo though that the tip clip is there, it's slipped down the frame.

I have to change the bolts on the rocker cover as the ones on there don't have the fitting for the stay. Club shop to the rescue once again!