Burman water deflector

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
Stuart Jenkins

Burman water deflector

Post by Stuart Jenkins »

Morning all.

Has anyone got a photo of how the gearbox sprocket water deflector is fitted for a Burman gearbox (either part 011312 or 018494). Which way round it goes and which side of the sprocket nut it goes? I've fitted mine on a CP gearbox and don't seem to have clearance for the drive chain?
thanks
Stuart
g3l 1941
BMW r80G/S '82
Yamaha FZ750 '90(Project)
cbranni

Re: Burman water deflector

Post by cbranni »

I fitted one to my G80cs and ended up removing it because it was rubbing on something, can't remember what though, not much help I know, sorry

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

On a CP you have to partially dismantle the gearbox to get the deflector located behind the final drive sprocket.
I have one waiting to go on my '49 G80 when I next need to do some work in that area.
Sam
Stuart Jenkins

Post by Stuart Jenkins »

Samuel wrote:On a CP you have to partially dismantle the gearbox to get the deflector located behind the final drive sprocket.
I have one waiting to go on my '49 G80 when I next need to do some work in that area.
Hi Sam,
Thanks for that, i think i might be missing a spacer on mine as i've put it in this order, sprocket, deflector ( dishing towards the tin chain case), lock washer and nut, and there isn't enough room for the chain to go on the sprocket. Is there supposed to be a spacer between the sprocket and deflector? On my parts book it doesn't mention a spacer?
Many thanks
Stuart
g3l 1941
BMW r80G/S '82
Yamaha FZ750 '90(Project)