18s 1955 Battery carrier

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
Triumph-Legend

Re: 18s 1955 Battery carrier

Post by Triumph-Legend »

Well the rebuild is looking fine and the chromed lifting handles look good, a nice touch. Steve at AMC normally manages to sort out pretty much any problem.

However.
Instead of getting bits from the UK, is it not about time you guys and gals down under started to send back some of the machines that you seem to be holding onto. We are quite willing to send you any amount of far eastern junk by way of balanced payment.
I'm sure that many of the AMC machines that travelled to Oz were on an assisted passage migration £10 ticket. There must be significant numbers that are home sick and miss bowling rolling along leafy country lanes on a summers afternoon. These poor machines are probably pining away in the hot Austrailian sun, just waiting to be sent home again. Do the right thing. Send them home.

Er, preferably after restoration.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Triumph-Legend wrote:Well the rebuild is looking fine and the chromed lifting handles look good, a nice touch. Steve at AMC normally manages to sort out pretty much any problem.

However.
Instead of getting bits from the UK, is it not about time you guys and gals down under started to send back some of the machines that you seem to be holding onto. We are quite willing to send you any amount of far eastern junk by way of balanced payment.
I'm sure that many of the AMC machines that travelled to Oz were on an assisted passage migration £10 ticket. There must be significant numbers that are home sick and miss bowling rolling along leafy country lanes on a summers afternoon. These poor machines are probably pining away in the hot Austrailian sun, just waiting to be sent home again. Do the right thing. Send them home.

Er, preferably after restoration.
And ideally straight to the President! :beer: :beer:
Harold2110

Post by Harold2110 »

Gentlemen,

I hear your cries for the return of many fine English produced motorcycles past, and understand your concerns that they may be pining for return to shores of old Blighty.

Reading the restorations stories in this fine forum it seems that restorations there seem to fit into the part of the year where the weather is so unpleasant that no one can take a bike out for a ride due to the risk of sliding on an icy road or worse getting it covered in mud and salty road detritus.

However in these southern climes we can and do ride all year round our bikes are singing in the sun and have no interest in a return to the old country.

Perhaps it is you that should be sending your bikes out here for restoration and exercise.

But you're right, Steve has been extremely helpful with advice and knowledge.

The project is nearly done and I can't wait to get it out on the road.

We here are all thinking of you in your current Covid situation, good luck and stay well.

Cheers Harold
Yak

Post by Yak »

Completely agree Harold. Except for the hottest days in summer, ( my old girl with the iron engine doesn't like the heat so much), we can ride. Luckily we have Coopers Ale for the hot days, well most days.
Have had a taste of lockdowns here but nothing to compare with many other countries. Hopefully the light in the tunnel is getting bigger.
Ray.
Harold2110

Post by Harold2110 »

Greetings Ray,

I live in rural Barmera next door to the mighty Murray, we have had so very little restrictions here its hard to comprehend how Melbournites survive let alone our English friends who are not only going through multiple lockdowns but suffering a terrible death toll as a result.

We are indeed the lucky Country.

I hear what you are saying about our hottest days even the Landcruiser doesn't like it when it gets over 40.

See you on the road one day when I finally get the last of the bits together.

Cheers Harold