Model 20 Speedometer

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
beerboy

Model 20 Speedometer

Post by beerboy »

I have just had my Model 20 repaired so that once again she will grace our roads. Regretably the Speedo is a) the wrong one and b) knackered. i would be most grateful if any one could point me in a suitable direction to either find a correct 1957 one regardless of condition, or as to where i can get the current one repaired.

thanks

martin russell

moley

Model 20 Speedometer

Post by moley »

hello martin i would recommend david woods of chichester. phone 01243 542521 www.chronometricspeedos.co.uk.. email-davidwoods@chronometric.fsnet.co.uk. i had 2 reconditioned last year by him it took about 1 month and cost around £70.00 each. excellent chap

bluewater1150

Model 20 Speedometer

Post by bluewater1150 »

Martin, I have used Speedo Repairs for years - First class job and never more than £60.00 - Maybe that's because I'm part funding his pension plan. Tel 01252 835353 - he is in Surrey - where ever that is !

Cheers
Elliot

MikeM.

Model 20 Speedometer

Post by MikeM. »

Martin, the address in Surrey that Elliot gave the phone number for is:- A.E. Pople, 53,Henley Drive, Frimley Green, Camberely, Surrey.GU16 6NF.
I have used him in the past without any complaints as have other members of the Surrey section.
Elliot where on earth is Selkirkshire?

MikeM.

Merlin

Model 20 Speedometer

Post by Merlin »

Don't ask further away from LONDON than you are probably [:D]

Chemists do it with test tubes
Dave Walker

Model 20 Speedometer

Post by Dave Walker »

I also have used david woods to repair a chronometric speedo and recieved excellent reliable service £52.50 inc postage for a basic overhaul with few parts - it was back in under three weeks.

SPRIDDLER

Model 20 Speedometer

Post by SPRIDDLER »

This is a great club!
Returning from the Pioneer run today my speedo packed up - and lo and behold I log on and here's a repairer not 30 miles from me.
Yesterday I read in Jampot a recommendation to check the tightness on the front brake torque arm. I did. It was loose (and so were the mudguard stay bolts). I' riding the G3LS to France tomorrow for a few days M & M (Moules and Muscadet), so even if I don't know my speed I should be able to stop! Thanks AMOC.

'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
RogerNorman

Model 20 Speedometer

Post by RogerNorman »

Martin. If you are desperate to trawl the autojumbles and are looking for a replacement, the correct number on the speedo head is S.467/163 .