After winter starting

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
shifter

Re: After winter starting

Post by shifter »

As I have been doing quite a lot of miles on the old model 20 I thought I would give her a good once over and service this morning when I had finished the gearbox oil change/engine oil and filter/spark plugs change also checking points along with all the nuts/bolts chain and fittings were all adjusted right / tight went for a little run out. On returning back to the workshop checked plugs and compression plugs were spot on in shade psi on each pot was very good so champion ready for the next adventure
I am retired but get asked to go into the old place of employment to do a little of what I used to, the new boss don't like oil stains on the block paving so a little carpet tile is there to protect them even though the old model 20 is oil tight. As can be seen there is stains of other bikes I used to take to work over the years
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by shifter on Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
?
shifter

Post by shifter »

Anyone up in this back of beyond area going for a run today I am thinking of a run over to the lake district
?
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

We (North West section) are going on saturday. Have a nice day. :D
Dave.
shifter

Post by shifter »

Oh that's a bugger Dave I would have come over but I have been asked to work never mind have a cracking day
Shifter
?
shifter

Post by shifter »

Hello Dave
How did the day out to the lakes go today I never made it the other day decided to take the old c11g out for a spin out on the country lanes
?
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Not very well Shifty, in fact it was cancelled due to the bad weather forecast!
Cheers Dave.
REW

Post by REW »

1953 M20 16th Aug 2017.JPG
Perhaps we need a new thread "next winter is coming"? Anyway, out today on the M20 and stopped for a while at the watershed between Weardale and Teesdale on the B6278. The clouds were massing to the west (behind me as I took a photo) with some sun still evident in the distance. And the temperature was plummeting!

Some of you will remember this road as it featured on our Saturday run at the 2011 Jampot - it was warmer that day too!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.
shifter

Post by shifter »

Looks very nice Ron scenery and bike I have been out over the cheviots today on my little c11g poor old thing has been left sitting with me riding the A.J.S. and busy tinkering
?
Janet

Post by Janet »

REW wrote:Perhaps we need a new thread "next winter is coming"?
It's about time the surveyors took those ranging poles away. Someone's likely to skid on the icy road next winter and slide into one.
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Ah, those Weardale/Teesadale roads are fantastic!
Down here in Cheshire/North Wales, the roads are "OK", but I do miss having those lovely open sweepers all to myself... :P
1989 Moto Morini Dart 350
1993 Ducati 750SS